Give now to DOUBLE YOUR DONATION!
SPSP strives hard to promote young scholars who may not have the resources it takes to develop their research careers. But, as you well know, it is more and more difficult to find the funds necessary to make this happen. Capturing the Future is a capital campaign intended to build an endowment that will ensure the future availability of funds to support development and inclusion of young scholars who seek a career in social-personality psychology.
|Ways to Give|
Where do campaign gifts go?
All campaign gifts will be placed into donor-restricted endowments, meaning they can only be used for the purposes identified below. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Summer Institute in Social-Personality Psychology, an intensive 2-week summer workshop for promising graduate students who seek to broaden their research expertise.
- The Diversity Fund Graduate Travel Awards, which provide funding for students from groups underrepresented within social-personality psychology, to attend the annual SPSP convention.
- The Graduate Travel Awards, which provide financial support for graduate students around the world to attend the annual SPSP convention.
- The Summer Program for Undergraduate Research, which supports undergraduate students from underrepresented groups to spend their summer interning in an active research lab in the field.
- The Heritage Dissertation Research Awards, which provide small independent research grants for graduate students to conduct their dissertation research.
Why does SPSP need to raise funds?
In its current state, SPSP draws its main revenue source from journal royalties. Membership and convention do not provide large revenue streams for SPSP. Because of the future changing landscape of publications, private philanthropy from those who care about the future of the field is essential for SPSP to ensure the priorities above are endowed.
How much is SPSP trying to raise?
More than $7.5 million is required to fully endow the above priorities. We are currently over halfway with $3.8 million endowed. Through Capturing the Future, we have an ambitious goal of raising $100,000 in 2016.
How can I make a gift?
There are many options to contribute available.