By: Lucy Zheng
Read time: 3 minutes
Would you like to read about the research that your peers are conducting? Do you want to gain or add to your experience with the peer review process? Consider serving as a reviewer for SPSP’s student awards!
SPSP is currently looking for reviewers who want to help evaluate posters and project summaries for the Graduate Student Poster Award (GSPA), Undergraduate Student Poster Award (USPA), Final Round (Secret) Judging for GSPA and USPA, and Outstanding Research Award (ORA).
As a reviewer for SPSP, you will be able to:
- Gain/add to your editorial experience in the peer-review process
- Add an esteemed position to your CV
- Provide support for students and help to ensure that reviews are critical and fair
- Gain insight to better your own research submissions.
Graduate students, post-doctoral scholars, and SPSP members who hold a doctorate are eligible to be reviewers for SPA and ORA. Prior reviewing experience is NOT required. You must be able and willing to commit to reviewing approximately 5-10 submissions, which should not exceed 10 hours overall (see details on timeframe below). If you applied as a competitor for an award, you may not serve as a reviewer for that specific award.
When will the reviews be happening?
Graduate Student Poster Award (GSPA) / Outstanding Research Award (ORA):
You will have a 3-week period between October 8 – 28, 2018 to complete your reviews.
Undergraduate Student Poster Award (USPA):
You will have a 3-week period between November 5 – 25, 2018 to complete your reviews.
What do I need to do?
During the 3-week period, you will evaluate the quality of undergraduate and/or graduate posters (Round 1) and the accompanying 500-word research summary (Round 2). You will be given a judging rubric to ensure that your feedback is comprehensive (and also that it doesn’t take up too much of your time!). You will also have the option to provide comments.
How can I apply to be a reviewer?
- You can complete the reviewer application here. All fields are required.
- The deadline to apply to become a reviewer is September 28, 2018.
- GSPA & ORA reviewers will be notified of their assigned reviews by October 8, 2018.
- USPA reviewers will be notified of their assigned reviews by November 5, 2018.