Through the Community Catalyst Grant, SPSP members can develop community and professional development among members of groups currently underrepresented in the field.
SPSP launched the inaugural edition of the Small Research Grants program in 2015 to provide funding for members who work at institutions that do not provide financial support for research. Note: This program has been temporarily postponed.
SPSP the SPSP Small Conference Grants program in 2016 to provide funding for SPSP members who wish to host small conferences relevant to the personality and social psychology field. Note: This program has been temporarily postponed.
Other Funding Sources
- ResearchResearchLite [Free database of U.S. science funding opportunities.]
- FastWeb [Searchable database consisting mainly of private organizations with a focus on scholarships and fellowships.]
- Scholarship Search [College Board database of scholarships, internships, grants, and loans.]
- FinAid! [Focus is on undergraduates, but has information for graduate students as well. Offers general information and links to other organizations with search engines.]
- National Institute of Mental Health [Look under "funding opportunities"- "research training"- "extramural"- "NRSA"- "F31" for individual training fellowships.]
- National Science Foundation [National Science Foundation funding opportunities.]
- The GrantDoctor [advice for grant seekers from AAAS]
- National Research Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- NIH Steps for Writing Grants
- NIH Tips for Writing Grants
- Scholarships & Grants for Psychology Students
- SPN Mentorship Program
- EASP (European Association of Social Psychology) Summer School
- GLBT Alliance in Social and Personality Psychology