SPSP is dedicated to the development of outstanding graduate and undergraduate education in personality and social psychology. As part of this effort, the Society offers several student awards each year:
- The Heritage Dissertation Research Awards provide assistance with the costs of conducting dissertation research in personality and social psychology.
- The Outstanding Research Award highlights outstanding student research conducted by graduate student members.
- The Graduate Student Poster Awards recognize graduate poster presentations characterized by excellence in research, clarity in presentation, and personal knowledge in a discussion with the judges at the annual convention.
- The Undergraduate Student Poster Awards recognize undergraduate poster presentations characterized by excellence in research, clarity in presentation, and personal knowledge in a discussion with the judges at the annual convention.
- The Student Publication Prize recognizes excellence in student research published in PSPB, PSPR, or SPPS during the calendar year prior to nomination.
- The Jenessa Shapiro Graduate Research Award provides assistance to a graduate student from an underrepresented background.
- The Graduate Travel/Registration Award, Diversity Graduate Travel/Registration Award, and Diversity Undergraduate Registration Award offer support to student members attending its annual convention.
For additional information about each student award, please visit the individual awards pages.