Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Gain experience in psychology lab research
One of the best ways to know if a career in personality and social psychology is for you is to get first-hand experience in an active psychology research laboratory.
Below, we have compiled listings for research opportunities in psychology for undergraduate students.
- Michigan Summer Program in Cognition & Early Development (MSPICED) at University of Michigan: May 30 – August 5, 2022; Deadline: February 2022
- Cooperation Lab Summer Research Intern at Boston College: 10-11 weeks, start date between May 31 – June 1, 2022; Deadline: February 28, 2022
- Yale Psychology Summer Research Opportunities – See specific lab pages
- Emotion, Health, and Psychophysiology Lab Internship at UCSF: June 20 - August 14, 2022; Deadline: February 25, 2022
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Human-Computer Interaction at Carnegie Mellon University: May 31 – July 5, 2022; Deadline: January 15, 2022
- Summer Research Internship at Columbia Business School – Rolling decisions; Deadline: March 1, 2022
- Science Writing Internship at Princeton University: Paid; Eight weeks (approx. early June to early August); Applications open January – March 2022
- CNS Summer Undergraduate Research Program at NYU: May 31 – August 6, 2022; Rolling deadline (decisions starting February 2022)
- Amgen Scholars Program at UCLA: June 19 – August 26, 2022; Deadline: February 1, 2022
- PRIMO at Harvard Business School: June 6 – August 11, 2022; Deadline February 15, 2022
These programs seek students from underrepresented backgrounds, such ethnic minority, low-income, and first generation students (see specific program descriptions for details).
- Summer Research Institute at the University of Arizona; Deadline: February 1, 2022
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship at Boston University; Deadline: March 11, 2022
- Summer Research Initiative at the University of Maryland; Deadline: February 10, 2022
- Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) at the University of Michigan; Deadline: Feburary15, 2022
- Moore Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program (MURAP) at University of North Carolina; Deadline: February 7, 2022
- Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) at Northwestern University; Deadline: February 11, 2022
- R25 Summer Research Program at University of Oregon; Deadline: February 15, 2022-
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) at University of Texas at Austin; Deadline: March 15, 2022
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship at Yale; Deadline: February 1, 2022
- Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) at Big 10 Alliance; Deadline: February 10, 2020
- Research Intensive Summer Experience at Rutgers University; Rolling admissions (approx. January 15 – March 1, 2022)
- Pathways to Science Database
- Psychology Job & Internship Opportunities
- Psychology Job & Research Opportunities
- Job Opportunities (hosted at Johns Hopkins Dept. of Psychological and Brain Sciences)
- Job Postings (hosted at Social Psychology Network)
- PsiChi Summer Research Grants
- EURO Scholars
- Research Experience for Undergraduate Students (REU) National Site List
Planning to live near a major college or university this summer? Consider contacting psychology faculty to inquire about research positions. Even those who do not have posted summer research positions may allow you to participate in research on a volunteer basis for the summer.
Please email us know if you know of other funded opportunities for undergraduate research or research opportunities for recent graduates and those taking a gap year between undergrad and graduate school.
For tips on how to find research employment after undergraduate and before graduate school, check out this resource from a recent SPSP meeting: https://osf.io/hx8uz