By using or visiting the SPSP website or any of the software, data or services provided to you via the SPSP website, you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the SPSP website
You may use, view, display, download for caching purposes, and print pages from the website only for your own personal, noncommercial use or for noncommercial educational/research purposes, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in the SPSP website.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- distribute, transmit, sell, rent or license material from this website;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy material on this website
- exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose; or
- plagiarize this website.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of this website.
You understand that when using this website, you will be exposed to content from a variety of sources; and, that SPSP is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against SPSP with respect thereto, and, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless SPSP, its officers, members of its Executive Committee, employees, agents, and legal counsel regarding all matters related to your use of the website.
SPSP does not endorse any content submitted to this website by any user, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein; and, SPSP expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with such content. SPSP does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights. SPSP reserves the right to remove content without prior notice.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, fraudulent, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, pornographic, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or harmful, fraudulent or harmful.
You must not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with another person or entity.
You must not violate any local, state, national, or international law or regulations in connection with your use of this website.
You must not use this website for any content which may be construed in any way as support for or opposition to any candidate for a federal, state or local public office. The federal law providing for SPSP’s tax exempt status forbids the use of SPSP resources or facilities, including this web resource, in any way that would even appear to support or oppose any such political candidate.
If you are eligible, you may submit content to this website. You understand that SPSP does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any content which you submit.
You are solely responsible for your own content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your content on this website. You must not submit any content which you do not have the right to submit and publish. You represent and guarantee that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish the content which you submit to this website.
By submitting content to this website, you are not transferring to SPSP ownership rights in your content. However, by submitting content to this website, you hereby grant to SPSP a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish and perform the content in any way and in any form, media, or technology now known or hereinafter created or developed. You also hereby grant each user of this website a non-exclusive license to access your content through this website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display, publish and perform such content. The licenses granted by you are perpetual and irrevocable.
You agree that content which you submit to this website will not contain third party material protected by copyright, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant all of the foregoing license rights.
You must not post or transmit content which involves ad hominem criticism.
You must not use this website to transmit or send commercial communications or communications intended to proselytize readers on behalf of a particular religion.
You must not submit any advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, investment or loan schemes, casino or gambling offers, or any other form of commercial or noncommercial solicitation.
NOTE: The statements, views, and opinions submitted to this website are those of the individuals making the submissions. They are not endorsed by, nor do they necessarily reflect, the position of SPSP.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. SPSP reserves the right to restrict access to these areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at SPSP's discretion. If SPSP provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential. SPSP may disable your user ID and password in SPSP's sole discretion without notice or explanation.
Conduct of Research
You must not conduct any data collection activities (including without limitation systematic or automated data collection, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on this website.
Anyone submitting a link to a research study not yet begun or in progress, or who requests that SPSP do so, hereby represents and guarantees the following:
- Such person has full legal authority to do so;
- Such person is authorized to do so by the principal investigator;
- Such research has been approved by the appropriate Institutional Review Board(s); and,
- The principal investigator has obtained the informed consent of participants.
Note: Any user of this website participating in research mentioned in this website, as a participant or otherwise, understands and agrees that SPSP is not responsible for the investigator(s)’ compliance with the foregoing requirements nor for the safety of the research; that SPSP makes no warranty or claim as to the content or quality of such research; that SPSP is not responsible or liable for the content of research mentioned in this website; and, SPSP is not responsible nor liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any such research.
SPSP welcomes links to this website made in accordance with the terms of this linking policy.
- Links pointing to this website should not be misleading.
- Appropriate link text should be always be used.
- You must not link to this website using any inline linking technique.
- You must not frame the content of this website or use any similar technology in relation to the content of this website.
Links from This Website
This website includes links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not endorsements or recommendations. SPSP has no control over the contents of third party websites. SPSP accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You agree that, should SPSP request the deletion of a link to our website that is within your control, you will delete the link promptly. If you would like SPSP to remove a link to your website that is included on this website, please contact SPSP using the contact details below. Note that unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.
Should you have any questions about this linking policy, please contact:
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent (identified below) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
SPSP's designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Inc.
or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that your content was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside the United States, for any judicial district in which SPSP may be found, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, SPSP may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the material provider, the removed material may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at SPSP's sole discretion.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. SPSP makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, SPSP does not warrant that:
• this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
• the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
SPSP will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
• for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
• for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
• These limitations of liability apply even if SPSP has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
By using this website, you agree that the Terms and Conditions, exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
Use of this website is a revocable privilege. Without prejudice to SPSP's other rights under these Terms and Conditions, you understand and agree SPSP may take such action as SPSP deems appropriate for any reason or no reason at all to suspend your access to the website, prohibit you from accessing the website, block computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contact your internet service provider to request that it block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Revisions and Variation
SPSP may revise these Terms and Conditions from time-to-time without notice to you. Revised Terms and Conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the State of Connecticut without regard to its conflict of laws or provisions. You hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Connecticut and to the federal district court of the District of Columbia.