Five Things You Can Do After the Election
By Vivian P. Ta
Regardless of political stance, the 2016 presidential election was filled with stress and tension. Now what? Here are five things you can do after the election:
- Get involved with an organization that you support. The election may be over, but the causes that you believe in still need support. Not sure where to start? Check out Buzzfeed’s list of organizations that need help.
- Think about running for public office. Being a politician isn’t for everybody, but if you’re considering running for public office to fight for causes that you believe in, The Huffington Post offers tips for running for office.
- Get rid of stress. Exercise and rest are a given, but Do Nothing for 2 Minutes, Calm.com, and The Nicest Place on the Internet can help you de-stress online.
- Remember that great things are happening in the world. Daily Good offers proof.
- Do not forget these words of wisdom: “The political process does not end on Election Day. Young people need to stay involved in the process by continuing to pay attention to the conversation and holding their leaders accountable for the decisions they make.” -- Patrick Murphy