SPSP Seeking the Next Editor of Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin
The Promoting Inclusive Excellence in Publications Committee and the Board of Directors of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology have opened nominations for the editorship of Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin (PSPB).
The editor's term is four years, beginning on January 1, 2025. The editor typically holds the rank of associate professor or professor (tenured or equivalent, e.g., senior or principal lecturer). SPSP strives to incorporate inclusive excellence throughout the publication process. Editors should value publishing work by scholars of color and scholars outside of North America and Western Europe, as well as work with historically marginalized samples. Given the large number of associate editors, a central role of the editor is to direct and organize their efforts toward supporting the journal's high quality and impact.
Nominations should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of interest to include a brief description of editorial philosophy (one page or less)
- Editorial plan for increasing representation of associate editors, editorial board members, and reviewers (building on the template available here).
Self-nominations are encouraged. All inquiries and/or nominations should be submitted to Antonio Freitas, Chair of the Editor Search Committee, [email protected]. The selection will be based on relevant experience, organizational and community-building skills, and vision for the journal.
October 13, 2023
- Nominations for editorship due
December 1, 2023
- PSPB Editor Search Committee (ESC: Antonia Freitas, Tera Letzring, and Alison Ledgerwood) to review nominations and recommend a shortlist of three candidates
January 15, 2024
- Promoting Inclusive Excellence in Publications Committee (Antonio Freitas, Tera Letzring, Alison Ledgerwood, Lowell Gaertner, Ozlem Ayduk, Chanel Meyers, Hanh Annie Vu) will review the top three candidates from the ESC to prepare a final recommendation for the Board of Directors
January 29, 2024
- Final recommendation submitted to the Board of Directors for approval
February 15, 2024
- Selected editor notified and announced to the membership
Your participation in this nominations process will help to ensure we have a strong editor to lead the journal over the next four years.