Submit a Proposal for Special Issue of Personality and Social Psychology Review
Personality and Social Psychology Review is seeking proposals for an upcoming Special Issue titled "Highlighting Personality and Social Psychological Theory from Majority World Contexts." Editors hope that contributions to this special issue will address two important questions:
- What can dominant Western psychology learn from social and personality psychological concepts and theories rooted in and oriented around perspectives from Majority World contexts?
- How can social and personality psychological concepts and theories from Majority World contexts contribute to a truly global science of personality and social psychology?
The manuscripts published in this issue will be shorter than those typically published in PSPR in order to amplify as many voices as possible: 2,500–5,000 words (excluding abstract and references).
Proposal Submission Deadline: February 15, 2024
The aim of this special issue is to highlight social and personality psychological theory from Majority World contexts. In doing so, the editors seek to catalyze dialogue between Western and Majority World scholars in social and personality psychology. Majority World voices are mature and thriving in other outlets, but are often excluded from journals that dominate Western psychology.
Call for Proposals Timeline
- February 15, 2024: Proposals Due
- March 15, 2024: Editors' Decisions on Proposals Announced
- July 15, 2024: Full Manuscripts Due
Questions? Please contact PSPR Editor-in-Chief Jonathan M. Adler at [email protected]